Our vascular surgeons have expertise and experience in diagnosing and treating common, complex and rare vascular diseases.
In the UAE, which has a high rate of diabetes, obesity and a sizable smoking population, PAD is a cause of worry.
Who is at risk?
- People beyond the age of 55-60
- Males are more prone than females
- Hypertensive patients
- Diabetics who lose nerve function and in many cases are unaware of pain or poor circulation in their limbs
- People with high cholesterol
- Obese individuals
- People with family history of vascular problems
- Pain in the legs
- Difficulty in walking
- Resting pain in the foot at night
- Non-healing sores or infections in foot and toes
Diagnosis and treatment
A simple non-invasive Doppler test in a vascular laboratory at a hospital can help measure the transcutaneous oxygen levels in the limbs, ankles and toes.
Lymphedema management and treatment has become available at our facilities. What this means is that a vascular surgery assessment and subsequent lymphatic massage are all done at the same facility and at the same visit. This is especially focused on patients with breast cancer who have had their axillary nodes removed. Each treatment session of lymphatic massage shall be preceded and followed by a measure of the entire limb – from skin texture to size and then be mapped using the latest software to see the progress.
Each patient is guided with clinical diagnosis, radiologic imaging (lymphoscintigraphy – if needed), and most importantly in lifestyle changes and precautions, care guidelines, manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), compression bandaging, education in lymphedema self-management.