Dr. Mukundan Gangadharan
Consultant Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Medical Education:
Dr. Mukundanis an experienced Obstetrician & Gynaecologist with over 22 years of distinguished experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Foetal Medicine and Laparoscopic Surgery.
Dr. Mukundan has performed over 1,000 laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries since he moved to Abu Dhabi in 2007. He has over 1,000 open surgeries to his credit during his illustrated career spanning over two decades. As an obstetrician he has helped many patients deliver their babies through normal vaginal delivery, vaginal birth after caesarean section (VBAC) and through caesarean sections
Dr. Mukundan has special interest in Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries, foetalmedicine and high-risk pregnancy. His area of expertise includes:
- Laparoscopic surgeries such as ovarian cysts, adhesiolysis, endometriosis and ectopic pregnancy.
- Hysteroscopic surgeries for intrauterine adhesion and septum.
- Hysterectomies (laparoscopic, abdominal, vaginal).
- Level 3 ultrasound for antenatal patients.
- Foetal scans such as NT scan, anomaly scan and growth scans.
- Foetal medicine procedures such as amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), and intrauterine foetal blood transfusion.
- High-risk pregnancy.
Dr.Mukundan graduated in 1994 Medical College Trivandrum in Kerala and completed his master’s degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1999 and DNB following year from the prestigious KEM Hospital in Mumbai, India.He has many affiliations to his credit including Member of International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG) and Member of Indian Society of Prenatal Diagnosis &Foetal Therapy (ISPAT)
Dr. Mukundan speaks fluentEnglish, Hindi, Malayalam & Tamil